As summer un-officially begins this weekend, it’s perfect timing to share with you my summer essentials. These are items I own or am eyeing to buy soon. I love to catch a good sale, and several of these items are already on sale. I suspect more items will go on sale in connection to the holiday weekend. So keep your eye out for some good deals!
The sixteen items below are a mix of current trends we are seeing in the fashion world and classic clothes that will be essential for many summers to come. Take a look and let me know what you think!
THE RUN DOWN:
1. BOBEAU RUFFLE HEM GAUZE PONCHO, $60
2. BOBEAU PEPLUM FLORAL COLD SHOULDER SHIRT, $25 (sale price!)
4. BOBEAU PRINTED RUFFLE SLEEVE SHIRT, $22 (sale price!)
5. MAR Y SOL ‘COLLINS’ WOVEN TOTE, $129
6. TULAROSA HENDERSON MAXI DRESS, $220
7. BANANA REPUBLIC SLEVELESS LACE INSET DRESS, $75 (sale price!)
9. J.CREW BERRY PRINT PLEAT SKIRT, $98
10. BP. ONE-SHOULDER RUFFLE TOP, $21
11. SOLE SOCIETY PHOENIX SANDAL, $100
14. J.CREW JACKIE SHELL IN LEMON PRINT, $60
15. J.CREW FACTORY 3″ CHINO SHORT, $15 (sale price!)
You can’t go wrong this summer with floral tops and flowy skirts. Personally, I like to pair an edgier studded sandal with feminine clothes. It creates a unique contrast. Eyelet, off-the-shoulder tops, stripes and embroidery are also major trends for this year.
Do you have similar items in your wardrobe for this summer? Jean jackets and maxi dresses are a couple of my favorite summer staples. I also LOVE Target’s sandal selection for this summer. There are some great options if you haven’t checked it out yet.
Of course there’s one category for your summer wardrobe that’s missing from this list and that is swimwear. I’m working on a roundup for all the things you need for the pool or beah, so stay tuned.
P.S. Pin this post for later!