It’s that time of year again! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale aka the NSale is about to begin and I always get super excited because it is the best sale of the year for new clothes. If you’re wondering what it is or don’t understand why it’s something to be excited about, I’ll explain! Every July, Nordstrom releases *new* Fall and Winter merchandise at super discounted prices. This is the perfect time to stock up on basics and classic sweaters, jeans, boots, bags and tops that you can not only wear this fall and winter but for years to come! Now, here are some shopping tips and my top picks for the Nordstrom sale!
This year there are more phases for shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. In addition to the typical Early Access and Public Access there are now in-store shopping days for icons and ambassadors before Early Access begins. Early Access is available to all Nordstrom debit or credit card holders. Nordstrom also offers a $60 bonus note if you sign up. There is still time to open a debit or credit card.
- July 12th, 12:30 PM EST: Early Access begins in stores and online!
- July 19th: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the public
- August 4th: The sale ends.
- Before the sale starts, go through your closet and think about what basics and/or fall and winter pieces you need (or just really want, ha!). You can check out my Ultimate Fall Fashion Checklist for an easy start!
- Try to shop the sale as quickly as possible because items sell out quickly! There is a maximum quantity of anniversary sale items sold. So, if you want to make the most of this sale and get the year’s hottest items, then I recommend acting fast and getting Early Access.
- The best way to shop the sale is online. Shipping is free, and there will be a much larger selection of sale items and sizes online. Considering the new phase of in-store shopping for icons and ambassador, I highly recommend shopping online.
- If you an item you want sells out during early access, definitely check back on July 19th when the sale opens to the public. Many items will be restocked to some degree then.
- Booties and cardigans are the most popular pieces for this sale year after year, so if you have your eye on any particular ones that I share, bookmark the links!
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Top Picks
Ok y’all here’s my little secret – there are SO many great things on sale this year that are not in the catalogue. I am super excited to share more with you all, but I tried to focus on the pieces I am most excited about and share the best of the best for this initial peek. Here they are!
Free People Softly Structured Knit Tunic
I got this tunic sweater in a deep brown last year and have been eyeing this color!
PAIGE Ripped High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans
This is one of my long-time favorite denim brands and they will have more classic style jeans. If you’re in the market I highly recommend this pair or this pair, which are both great quality. I got each of those from an anniversary sale 4 years ago and still wear them all the time!
I’m obsessed with this dark snakeskin print! It’ll be so versatile for fall and winter.
There are a lot of wrap style tops in this sale, but this one is my favorite. It comes in a couple other prints. This long sleeve one is a good runner-up too!
Free People Citrine Textured Top
This flowy henley style tee will be super versatile with leggings and jeans!
UGG® Abies Perforated Slip-On Platform Sneaker
I love this style of sneaker for everyday and have been wanting to try the UGG ones! I may get the black color though.
This trendy camo print is a little more subdued than most and will be perfect for transitioning into fall and spring.
Madewell Ryder Stripe Cardigan Sweater
This sweater will also be available in solid colors, but there is something about this bold colorblock that I can’t help but gravitate towards.
There are a lot of booties on sale but I chose this one because the style is classic and the neutral color is perfect for any wardrobe!
Zella Farrah Hooded Fleece Jacket
This is just a no-brainer for me. Plush fleeces are always popular during this sale, and I love that this one has a zipper and hood.
I got these leggings in faux leather during last year’s anniversary sale and have been waiting for these to go on sale and try! BTW one of my favorite workout brands will have lots of leggings on sale this year too.
These are a no brainer. I have this exact style sneaker in black and LOVE them! If black is the color you are looking for, don’t worry these will be available in black too.
Are you shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? Did you find my shopping tips and top picks helpful? If there is anything in particular you’ll be shopping for let me know in the comments! I love to hear what you are looking forward to buying or wearing for this fall and winter too.
Disclaimer: All the opinions and thoughts I share are my own unless stated otherwise. I only share content that I have a personal connection with. Your clicks, comments and engagement are very much appreciated, and may allow me to receive a small compensation. Your support of SC’s Scoop and the brands I share help me keep doing what I love — thank you!