There are some amazing sales going on right now for you, my fellow shopaholic! I am sure more will be announced in the next week as we get closer to Labor Day weekend. But, if you have the urge to shop now and don’t want to wait until the holiday weekend, I’d check these out:
- Anthropologie: Extra %25 off Sale Items
- Pottery Barn: Almost everything is being sold at a discount with this week long sale. It’s *almost* too good to be true!
- South Moon Under: 15% off purchases over $150. This sale ends Sunday.
- J.Crew: 25% off select items + extra 30% off sale items through Sunday.
This is definitely a great time to stock up on classic pieces and summer sale pieces that can be transitioned into the fall season. The flowy dress pictured above is from Anthropologie and definitely makes for a practical transition piece for fall and spring. It’s marked down from $148 to $89.95. J.Crew also has several classic staples on sale that could be beneficial to your closet.
I’ll share another sale alert next week for those of you who are patient enough to put your wallets aside for a week. 😉
Happy shopping my friends!
When I was graduating from high school almost ten years ago, my mother took me to Sephora to buy some high quality makeup and get a tutorial on how to properly apply it to my face. It was on that (glorious) day that I was first introduced to Laura Mercier. It may seem dramatic to say that it was a life-changing day, but when I look back at it — it was a life-changing day!
At the time, Laura Mercier was a relatively new makeup line (about 10 years old), but what first attracted me to their foundation was how simple it was to apply and the fact that I did not look like I had makeup on after I applied it. Laura Mercier’s primer and tinted foundation allows my skin to glow through the product.
I am not one to use heavy makeup on a regular basis, so Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer and primer have been a staple for my daily makeup routine since I first discovered. Admittedly, I have tried other foundations and primers because I love testing out different makeup products, but I always come back to Laura Mercier.
It’s dependable and oh-so-practical for my daily routine. It is also comparable to a bb cream that has good coverage. The foundation is perfect in warmer months when you want something light. It is also easy to build upon the Laura Mercier foundation if you need to add concealer or additional foundation for more coverage. The primer also creates that perfect base for the foundation to go on smoothly and evenly across your face.
The best thing about Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer and primer is that enhances your natural skin, and doesn’t leave you feeling super covered up. It is worth giving a try if you are looking for something with this effect. Let me know if you try it!
“They are a little too tight around my hips.”
“They’re little too loose around my thighs.”
“They fit well at first, but after washing they are way too tight.”
“They are giving me a recurring wedgie!”
“They always have to be hemmed.”
These are just a few of the common comments us ladies make about jeans. We all know it can be hard to find a pair that fit well, especially when there are so so many options out there. But, that struggle makes the achievement of finding a pair that truly fits your body shape that much more cheer-worthy.
Throughout my searches I have discovered some bits of knowledge that have helped me find jeans that fit and have helped my jeans maintain that fit. Here’s the scoop:
- Know your inseam – this is a lesson from the gentlemen in our lives. They know how long their legs are and how long their pants need to be due to the ways men’s pants are sized. This number is especially important for women above and below average height as it can save you a trip to the seamstress or from constantly returning pants that stop at your calf. Tip: look for this information in the jean’s details section when shopping online.
- Inside out, cold water & air dry – these are key when you are washing jeans. Washing them inside and out and in cold water helps the jeans maintain their vibrant blue color. Airing them dry afterward helps your jeans maintain its stretch factor.
- Don’t overwash – jeans should be washed only after you wear them several times. Doing this dramatically increases how long your jeans last.
- Don’t force a trend – It’s sad but true. We all have different body shapes, so not all trends are going to look good on you. No matter how much we love those high-waisted jeans on Gwyneth Paltrow, they aren’t going to look so great if you’re short-waisted. Think about the parts of your body you love, and then determine which new trend or cut for jeans will accentuate that part of your body.
At the end of the day it is all about feeling good in your skin. Clothes should help you achieve that feeling, not leave you feeling self conscious or physically restricted. Hopefully these tips ease your search for jeans with a perfect fit and help keep you from getting frustrated as you search. It’s a process that takes patience. I know.. easier said than done!
I’ll share later this week on my go-to jeans and some denim looks I love.