Last year, I decided to make Will no-bake cookies before this 24-hour running relay race he was doing (it’s called Ragnar if it sounds like your kind of thing). I figured the oats and peanut butter would be good fuel to keep his energy up. Little did I know they would be a major hit and devoured by everyone on the team. Will said these no-bake peanut butter cookies were just the ticket before a run when his energy was feeling low. He loves taking them for his motorcylce racing weekends too. Personally, I think these are most enjoyable when I am cuddled up on the couch wearing sweatpants after a long day. But however and wherever you eat them, I bet you’ll find them as tasty as I do!
No-Bake Peanut Butter & Protein Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 Sticks of Butter
- 3 Cups of Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Muscle Milk
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Smooth Peanut Butter
- 5 Cups of Quaker Oats
- In a saucepan, mix butter, sugar and Muscle Milk over medium heat.
- Once the mixture reaches a rolling boil, let it sit for two minutes.
- After the two minutes is up, remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Next stir, in the oats one cup at a time. When all the oats are mixed in continue stirring as it cools.
- Once the mixture has thickened, scoop out spoonfuls on to wax paper and let them sit until they are hard.
This recipe makes about 30 cookies, but that can vary depending on how large you like them. I made this recipe after I was inspired with some similar ones online and decided to try it with Muscle Milk for an extra kick of protein. Of course, you can try the recipe with protein powder mixed into milk, if you’re looking for a similar way to get a protein boost.
Do you love no-bake peanut butter cookies? Have you had or made ones like these with protein powder or muscle milk? I would love to hear your cooking secrets in the comments section.
Cheers to the weekend!
See my disclaimer here.