How is your week going? I am still reminiscing over the weekend. Will and I spent in western Virginia. The fall foliage was seriously stunning (see below!) and the fresh air was just what we needed. The weekend away reminded me how wonderful the simple things are in life and how a good time doesn’t need to cost anything. All that matters is that you’re in good company! So, today I’m sharing fun and cheap date ideas that Will and I have done.
First, there’s a little sneak peek for you I need to point out. The photos, courtesy of Joffoto, in this post are from some modeling I did for The Little Market’s newest locals bag for Washington, D.C. We had a blast visiting the local farmer’s market (hello, cheap date idea #1!) and putting The Little Market’s reusable bag to good use. I will do a full post on the blog with more photos and details of the bag and The Little Market soon.
Cheap Date Ideas
- Browse your local Farmer’s Market.
- Volunteer at the Animal Shelter. (Warning: you may end up adopting an animal!)
- Play cards or board games, with a side of B&B on the rocks.
- Visit the zoo.
- Throwback Thursday – take a walk down memory lane together. Give a tour of memorable childhood places, like your school, neighborhood or playground.
- Cook together and try a new recipe.
- Go on a hike.
- Visit a new food truck and have a picnic at the park.
- Star gaze at the beach.
- Hang out on the swings of a nearby playground, and pretend you’re 5 again!
- Go fishing or catch fire flies at dusk.
What I like about these ideas most is that they all give you and your partner time to focus on each other, and really have good quality time with each other. Over the past couple years, Will and I have discovered the difference in being together and truly being focused on having good quality time together. For me, this means putting my phone away and any other distractions!
I think the outfit I wore for our visit to the farmer’s market in DC could be worn for a lot of the date ideas I shared. What do you think? Are any of the date ideas on my list your personal favorites? Or, do you have a go-to cheap date ideas that are not on my list? I would love to hear your thoughts and how you and your significant other maintain a cadence of having quality time together.