Hello friends! It’s been a little while and I want to share a little life update and answer 29 super random questions about myself. So, the best word to describe life lately is busy. I think some people like being busy, or like to brag about how busy they are, but I do not. I need my down time. The good news is that I am learning from this “busy-ness” to say no to things and make more time for myself (including time to blog)! There’s been a lot of change in the past couple years – getting engaged, getting married, changing jobs, establishing our home life as a married couple. Change seems to be the season of our life now. While that does contribute to a busy life and some days it is overwhelming, it’s also very exciting and fun!
Last month, I started a new job that entailed starting my own business and working as a contractor. As an independent person, it’s been a blessing and a welcomed change for me, but it has definitely taken some time to set up my office and get into a rhythm. I also turned 29 earlier this month, and as usual I did some reflecting on the past year. In honor of starting the last year of my twenties, I thought it would be fun to answer 29 random questions about me and share some highlights from the past year.
29 Random Questions about me Answered
- What’s the best and worst thing about getting older? The best thing about getting older is establishing who you are and being able to plan your future. The worst thing about getting older is realizing just how fleeting time is!
- What lifestyle change have you been meaning to make for a while now? Diet Coke (and caffeine in general) is a huge vice for me. I rarely drank soda as a kid and didn’t pick up the bad habit until I started working at a place that provided it for free. Now, I get caffeine headaches in the late afternoon if I haven’t had any coffee or Diet Coke that day. I hate feeling dependent on something that’s really not good for me.
- What would be your spirit animal? This is so hard to answer because I love animals. I have a thing for sloths and llamas right now, but my spirit animal is honestly a dog. I am loyal and similar to dogs it doesn’t take much to make me happy. I’m happiest when helping others and knowing that I am contributing to the happiness of others.
- If you could have a video of any one event in your life, what event would you choose? I’d choose a video of the day we got engaged. The whole day was special and Will totally caught me by surprise. A close second is our wedding day though!
- Do you have any tattoos? How many? None! I am not opposed to them; I just have never felt inclined to get one.
- What blows your mind every time you think about it? Just how small we are compared to the whole universe.
- What’s your Myers-Briggs personality type? ENTP, also known as the great debater and the one who plays devil’s advocate – ha! I think this is pretty accurate though I am right on the introvert-extrovert border.
- What’s the thing you most wish you were great at? Waking up! I am not a morning person at all. I’ve tried several things to change, but I really think it’s in my blood. I tend to do some of my best writing at night, and I often exchange that for sleep. if I could take a class to be great at waking up, I’d sign up in a heartbeat.
- What position do you sleep in? Nine times out of ten, I sleep on my side. The other times, I go into full starfish mode on my stomach!
- What was your favorite Disney movie as a child? I was obsessed with the Lion King. Pocahontas and the Little Mermaid were at the top of the list too.
- If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would you want it to be? Oo the smell of fresh laundry would never get old for me.
- What is an ideal date for you? Good conversation and good food are most important to me. A nice dinner followed and a walk around town never gets old.
- What were some of the turning points in your life? I was in a toxic relationship for a long time, longer than I should have been. I knew deep down that I deserved more, but it took me time to come to terms with the situation. I had to realize that I was not responsible for someone else’s problems, and that I couldn’t “fix” someone else. Letting that person go and the lead up to that moment was a huge turning point for me because it gave me the strength and courage to create the life I knew I deserved.
- What does your partner loves most about you? I can be really playful and optimistic in a way that lights Will up. I think loves most how I can make him laugh, even on a bad day.
- What makes a good life? A good life is rich in friendships and support. I think there’s a direct correlation to the quality of our relationships and our happiness.
- What was the most memorable gift you’ve received? A few years ago, I came home one day and saw a little box in front of my doorstep. I had no idea what it was and it honestly kind of freaked me out. I took it inside and opened it, worried about what was inside. There was a beautiful watch from Will. We had only been dating a couple of months and he knew somehow that my birthday was in October. He was over a week early, so I wasn’t even thinking about birthday presents. The gift caught me by complete surprise and made me feel
- If you had a clock that would countdown to any one event of your choosing, what event would you want it to countdown to? I would love a countdown to when Will will get a dog. I picked out Maddie when I was a teenager all on my own, and I am so excited for him to have that same experience. There are a few things that need to happen before he would get a dog too, so it would be fun to know what day in the future that will be.
- What stat for your life would you most like to see? How many people who have been positively affected by knowing me.
- What celebrity do you wish was your sister? Reese Witherspoon – she seems so fun, supportive and easy-going.
- What is your current favorite Netflix show? Ozark! I love a mix of drama, dark comedy and mystery and this show totally has all three.
- What do you take for granted? How blessed I really am in life. It’s so easy to just want “more” in life, but I am really very blessed and pretty spoiled.
- What are you addicted to? Diet Coke, chocolate and cheese!!
- As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of? I’m afraid of not having enough time and losing Will.
- In what situation or place would you feel the most out-of-place in? I despise networking events with people name-dropping and measuring each other up. These are pretty common in the D.C. area and I have never been a fan. It just feels forced an inauthentic.
- What is your favorite workout? Orangetheory classes are my favorite. In general, I love running and HIIT workouts that require sweating and pushing myself.
- Where do you see yourself in ten years? I see myself with Will in a home with kids, pets and a big yard.
- What is your favorite holiday to celebrate? I love Thanksgiving because it’s about quality time with the important people in our lives. That, and cooking good food is a plus!
- What is your birth order? I am the middle child, sandwiched between two brothers. One is two years older, one is ten years younger.
- What is the best concert you’ve been to? I went to a John Mayer concert last year, and it was a dream come true. Not only was the music amazing, but there was great energy. He is such a talented artist and I have enjoyed his music since I was a teenager. This will give you a taste of what it was like.
A Dose of Fall Style
Shop the Look
I have not done a style related post this month yet, so I thought I would share one of my favorite fall looks of the season so far. I have been loving this medallion printed blouse. The award for the softest thing in my closet goes to this sweater vest. It is a super soft chenille and it just goes with everything – perfect for work or play. My pants are hard to really see but they are wine colored jeans from AG in the Farrah high waist, ankle skinny cut. The fit makes them well worth the price!
Since I answered random questions about myself I would love to hear something random about you! Answer a question in the comments or share any random fact you’d like.
Disclaimer: All the opinions and thoughts I share are my own, unless stated otherwise. I only share content that I have a personal connection with. Your clicks, comments and engagement are very much appreciated, and may allow me to receive a small compensation. Your support of Sarah Camille’s Scoop and the brands I share help me keep doing what I love — thank you!