I’m back from the beach (still overcoming my withdrawals) and have some wonderful news! Last week I was nominated by fellow blogger Jattu Kallon for a Blogger Recognition Award. Jattu is a lifestyle blogger with a wide range of interesting blogging topics, so you should definitely check her out! This award is given to a blogger by another blogger to show appreciation all the work he/she does on their websites and blog posts.
It feels particularly great to be getting this award because I’m quickly approaching the one year anniversary for my blog. Remember my first post, anyone!? Now in return for this award, I will share how my blog started, advice for new bloggers and nominate 15 bloggers I admire.
How SC’s Scoop Began
I began this blog last July right after a beach trip and after years of contemplating starting one. The beginning of this blog coincided with a time when my job was causing me a lot stress and making me unhappy. It was and is so helpful and inspiring to have a creative outlet that is fun and completely directed by me. As you can see in my first blog post, the goal of this blog is to bring a positive light to other woment, and that remains the same today.
Advice for New Bloggers
- Create your own rules! This may seem like counter-intuitive advice, but when you start blogging you’ll quickly find lots of opinions from others on how to reach “blogging success.” Figure out for yourself what success looks like for your blog. Then, set specific goals for yourself and remember there is never a single path to success. Every blog and blogger are different, so do what makes sense for you!
- Keep your voice consistent and authentic. When your writing is consistent and authentic your true personality will shine through and that’s what generates posts and content readers love. Don’t be afraid to show your true colors or share an interesting thought. If you think something is
I am nominating the bloggers below because I have found them and their content inspiring. Congratulations fellow bloggers!!
- Ruthie Ridley Blog – Ruthie chronicles every thing from her marriage to clothes and her three kids
- Joyful Iowan – Jenn has a great mix of thought-provoking and fun blog posts
- The Vagabond Wayfarer -Shivranjani is a travel and fashion blogger living in Houston
- AlltheThingsIDo.com – Dia is a lifestyle blogger from Texas
- Passport for Happiness – Rose runs this travel blog and it’s perfect for anyone with wanderlust!
- Grace Yourself – Living in Los Angeles, Grace focuses on fashion
- Gone with a Whim – Originally from South India, Divya chronicles her travels around the world.
- Anne Cohen Writes – Anne shares all kinds of interesting thoughts and advice for relationships and life in general.
- Old House to New Home – Amanda shares lots of great recipes and how she makes her house a home for her family.
- Style & Living Profile – Audrica lives in Atlanta and has a great eye for fashion trends!
- J Bird Runs – Jennifer’s love for running and living a healthy and active lifestyle will motivate you!
- Sense and Edibility – Marta shares amazing recipes, perfect for any foodie.
- The Blessed Mess – Ryan is a Richmond-native who talks about her young family, beauty products and more.
- Cheers to a Wonderful World – From Cuba to Africa, Toni documents her many travels.
- Linen & Salt – Gabbinis a faith-filled lifestyle blogger focusing on a wide range of interesting topics from DIYs to Blogging Tips.
Nominees, here is what you need to do now:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
I’d love to know if any bloggers stopping by have similar or different advice for new bloggers! Please share in the comments.
Stay tuned for summer updates and more! The photos below are just a few of my favorites from the beach. 🙂