Hello friends! I’ve been talking a lot about clean beauty and I am excited to finally share the clean makeup products I’m using for an easy, quick everyday makeup routine. There are a lot of toxic chemicals in everyday makeup. So, as I transitioned to more clean beauty products, I decided to focus first on safer makeup products I can use everyday. When it comes to beauty products, my approach is to keep things pretty simple and focus on quality over quantity. This makeup routine takes less than 10 minutes and has left my skin feeling very healthy over the past six weeks I’ve stuck too. Now, with that, let’s dive in to the details!
Women use an average of 12 products a day, containing 168 different chemicals. Men use an average of six products, but still put 85 chemicals on their bodies.Based on research by the Environmental Working Group
An Easy Makeup Routine for Everyday
The seven products below are listed in the order I apply them for my everyday makeup routine. I use all of these on most days, when I want to feel put together, but also still look like myself.From start to finish, this makeup routine takes about 15 minutes. Plus, the best part is that each product is under $25! I feel strongly that clean makeup should not cost an arm and a leg, so I have focused on trying out affordable clean makeup products first.
For reference and guidance to figure out what will work for you — I have combination skin (with more oil on my t-zone) and moderately-sensitive skin. I’ve had products dry my skin out, cause break outs and even make my skin more oily. Thankfully, the products that I’m sharing have not caused any of these problems in past couple months since I started using them.
Clean Makeup Products I’m Using
TARTE SEX KITTEN EYELINER in Black
- Made without: parabens or phthalates
- It’s vegan, smudge-proof and waterproof. I have tried a lot of different types of eyeliner, and this kind is my all-time favorite. It’s felt tip applicator makes it easy to apply and the most important factor for me is that it stays put throughout the day.
- Made without: parabens
- This oil-free primer has a really nice texture to it, which leaves your skin feeling smooth. It definitely helps my CC cream go easily and stay in place — a win-win!
PACIFICA ULTRA CC CREAM RADIANT FOUNDATION in Warm/Light
- Made without: parabens, sulfates or phthalates
- This CC cream is light-weight and keeps my skin feeling moisturized and glowy without it looking oily. I love how it evens out my skin tone and reduces redness, without masking my freckles. It’s affordable and very comparable to the higher-end (and toxic) tinted moisturizer I have loved for years.
- Made without: sodium lauryl sulfate, phthalates, parabens, mineral oil, formaldehydes, aluminum, talcum, sulfates, parabens and petroleums
- I always apply this concealer in the corners of my eyes and on any blemishes to mask any redness going on. It has a nice way of covering things us without drying them out and making them look cake-y.
- Made without: parabens, formaldehydes, phthalates, gluten, sulfates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, petroleum, peanut oil and triclosan
- Vegan and cruelty free (no animal testing or animal ingredients)
- This mascara has a rubber wand and it goes on very easily and coats my eyelashes very well. It doesn’t smudge, lasts all day and isn’t a total pain in the butt to remove.
W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Brow Gel in Blonde
- Made without: sulfates, parabens, petroleum, sodium lauryl sulfate, phthalates, mineral oil, formaldehyde, aluminum, and talcum
- Vegan and made with coconut oil
- This brow gel reminds me of a Lancome brow gel I was obsessed with years ago, but unfortunately was discontinued. The gel and wand makes it so easy to add some definition to your eyebrows and the blonde shade looks very natural. It also comes in brown and dark brown.
BURTS BEES LIP CRAYON in shade Niagara Overlook
- Made without: dye, fragrance, phthalates, sulfates, parabens and formaldehyde
- This lip crayon is like a mix between a lip stain and lip balm. The crayon shape makes it super easy to apply. It feels hydrating and I’ve been very impressed with how well the color stays. I’m definitely going to get another shade for fall.
Before and After
Here are before and after shots, so you can see the transformation these products make!
So, there you have it — the scoop on my clean, everyday makeup routine. It’s taken me a while to get to this point, and there were definitely some products that didn’t make the cut. In the coming weeks I’ll be sharing the clean beauty products I’m using for skincare and my skincare routine. Plus, I’m going to share the clean beauty products that I have used and do not recommend.
If you’re looking into adding some clean beauty products to your everyday makeup routine, remember you can always start with one or two products and just transition at your own pace. I still have some higher-end products with chemicals in them, that I haven’t been ready to say goodbye to yet, and that’s ok. I’ll tackle that when I’m ready. Understanding clean beauty and making changes to your makeup routine is a process and it’s no easy feat!
If you use any of the clean makeup products I mentioned, I’d love to hear what you think. Do you have other clean makeup products or brands you love and recommend? Share your thoughts in the comments and let’s chat!