It’s been 21 days since I started staying home. Even with a full time job to keep me occupied for most of the day, the social distancing is GETTING TO ME. It’s super easy to get in a funk and feel bored when you’re staying home every day, trying to flatten the curve. But, it’s not something I want to dwell on, especially when I know there are a lot of people struggling right now. For those of you feeling the same way, trying to a positive mind, I thought I’d share some fun things to do while you stay home!
21 Fun Activities While You Stay Home
One big way I have passed the time, is by puzzling. It’s been such a nice way for me to unplug from technology and re-focus my attention. Now, I know fun is a relative word, so I tried to come up with ideas that can bring joy to a wide range of people. Hopefully something on this list will catch your eye and inspire you to have some FUN!
- Put together a 1,000 piece puzzle.
- Make a fort with your furniture and blankets for a fun movie night or just to hang!
- Paint a room or wall in your home. You can even paint your patio!
- Complete a New York crossword puzzle or as many as you can handle.
- Play a board game.
- Bake something from scratch.
- Read a new book, or three!
- Do some coloring. I love this coloring book.
- Rearrange the furniture in a room.
- Do yoga.
- Get dressed up and do your hair for a date night or virtual happy hour.
- Perform karaoke. I’ve heard this app is good!
- Sketch a self portrait or draw your pet.
- Celebrate a random holiday just for fun.
- Make a photo book.
- Bake bread from scratch
- Plant a mini herb garden.
- Call your parents, grandparents or any family you haven’t talked with in a while.
- Have a pillow fight.
- Try out a Pinterest DIY project.
- Learn a dance. YouTube has a lot of options!
Personally, I’ve found a little fun goes a long way lately. If you just do one of these things, I truly think it will help with your mental health during this time. But if you have found something else that is fun and keeps your spirits high, I would love to hear about it.