As summer un-officially begins this weekend, it’s perfect timing to share with you my summer essentials. These are items I own or am eyeing to buy soon. I love to catch a good sale, and several of these items are already on sale. I suspect more items will go on sale in connection to the holiday weekend. So keep your eye out for some good deals!
The sixteen items below are a mix of current trends we are seeing in the fashion world and classic clothes that will be essential for many summers to come. Take a look and let me know what you think!
THE RUN DOWN:
1. BOBEAU RUFFLE HEM GAUZE PONCHO, $60
2. BOBEAU PEPLUM FLORAL COLD SHOULDER SHIRT, $25 (sale price!)
3. KUT FROM THE KLOTH AMELIA DENIM JACKET, $79
4. BOBEAU PRINTED RUFFLE SLEEVE SHIRT, $22 (sale price!)
5. MAR Y SOL ‘COLLINS’ WOVEN TOTE, $129
6. TULAROSA HENDERSON MAXI DRESS, $220
7. BANANA REPUBLIC SLEVELESS LACE INSET DRESS, $75 (sale price!)
8. MOSSIMO WOMEN’S GERTIE GLADIATOR SANDALS, $28
9. J.CREW BERRY PRINT PLEAT SKIRT, $98
10. BP. ONE-SHOULDER RUFFLE TOP, $21
11. SOLE SOCIETY PHOENIX SANDAL, $100
12. SOLE SOCIETY ‘KIANNA’ PERFORATED FAUX LEATHER CROSSBODY BAG, $60
13. KUT FROM THE KLOTH MIA TOOTHPICK SKINNY JEANS, $63
14. J.CREW JACKIE SHELL IN LEMON PRINT, $60
15. J.CREW FACTORY 3″ CHINO SHORT, $15 (sale price!)
16. HUDSON NICO RIPPED ANKLE SUPER SKINNY JEANS, $185
You can’t go wrong this summer with floral tops and flowy skirts. Personally, I like to pair an edgier studded sandal with feminine clothes. It creates a unique contrast. Eyelet, off-the-shoulder tops, stripes and embroidery are also major trends for this year.
Do you have similar items in your wardrobe for this summer? Jean jackets and maxi dresses are a couple of my favorite summer staples. I also LOVE Target’s sandal selection for this summer. There are some great options if you haven’t checked it out yet.
Of course there’s one category for your summer wardrobe that’s missing from this list and that is swimwear. I’m working on a roundup for all the things you need for the pool or beah, so stay tuned.
P.S. Pin this post for later!
11 thoughts on “Sixteen Staples for your Summer Wardrobe”
Nice collection…loved the tops 🙂
Yes for off-she-shoulder and one shoulder tops and dresses!
Wow! These are cool summer outfits. Ladies would definitely love these options, might give them a hard time to choose, tho. 😀
MY faves would be the tote, the Maxi, ruffle Top and white distressed jeans. Great staple pieces and can and can be rocked or everyday or vacay status. Great picks for sure🙌🏾
Super cute clothing. My favorite has to the first top.
That woven tote (#5) is so summer perfect! I like the lemon top from J.crew too!
Love maxi dresses – I have quite the collection! I do love that one-shoulder blouse! Checking it out!
ooo I love that maxi dress, I’m loving the summer colours
Hannah @ The Northern Writes | http://www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk
I love the dresses especially for this season! The weather has been so warm where I live so anything cool and flowy ♡
Ah, I definitely like those white jeans! I always find myself falling back on fitness wear, though, hahah
Nice post! I really like the maxi dress, but loving the jeans jacket. I probably wear jeans jackets everyday, by far my favourite part of clothing! 🙂