Hi friends! My favorite season is fast approaching, and with that I’ve been giving extra thought to how I will transition my favorite summer outfits for fall and make the most out of what is in my wardrobe. While planning for the cooler weather and looking at my wardrobe, I pulled some of my favorite summer outfits to show you how certain style staples can transition summer looks to fall-appropriate ones. There are seven fall style staples in particular that can be used to do the same for your wardrobe.
Summer to Fall Looks
Before I get into the style staples, I want to show you four summer to fall outfits. At least one of my style staples is in each fall look.
This year, I have tried to share my daily outfits as much as possible on Instagram stories. While I hope it’s helpful for you all to get some real outfit inspiration and get outfit ideas from what I wear to the office or at home on a work from home day, documenting my outfits has been very helpful for me. It allows me to see what I wear the most and shows me which pieces are most versatile. So, I went through my summer outfits and used a four of my most-worn and favorite looks to give you real examples of how fall style staples can turn a summer outfit into a fall ready one.
Look 1: Smocked One-Shoulder Midi Dress
For Summer: Woven Sandals, Crochet 2-in-1 Handbag, Straw Hat
For Fall: Jean Jacket, White Leather Sneakers, Leather Handbag (comes with crossbody strap)
Look 2: White Tee (similar) & Straight Leg Jeans with Quilted Crossbody Bag (similar and similar)
For Summer: Black Buckle Sandals
For Fall: Plaid Shirt Jacket (similar) & Western Bootie (in truffle suede)
Look 3: Sleeveless Blouse & Wide Leg Jeans (similar) with Leather Tote
For Summer: Woven Leather Flat, Snakeskin Belt
For Fall: Plaid Blazer, Nude Loafer, Brown Leather Belt
Look 4: Short Sleeve Embroidered Blouse (also available in white)
For Summer: Jean Shorts, Leather Slides
For Fall: Olive Green Leather Jacket (similar and similar), Flared Jeans, Suede Bootie, Snakeskin Belt
The Fall Style Staples You Need
You can probably begin to guess from the outfits I just shared, but here are the seven staple pieces at the top of my list for transitioning into fall:
- JEAN JACKET – My old stand-by, this is a classic piece that really shines in the fall. I’ve tried higher end jean jackets and always go back to this one. It has the right amount of stretch and structure.
- BOOTIES – It’s hard to pick one bootie for fall, but if you want to be minimalist I would check out the suede booties I’m wearing with the flared jeans. For a more on-trend bootie, definitely check out the western options. I LOVE the ones wore with the shirt jacket.
- SHIRT JACKET – Perhaps the trendiest item on my list, shirt jackets are great for layering and bringing in another texture or pattern to your outift.
- BLAZER – one of my all-time favorite style staples, and it’s my favorite to wear in the fall. The plaid one I found is super affordable and great for work. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I LOVE this sweater blazer. It’s the best of both worlds — comfy and still put together look!
- LOAFERS – This classic staple is in the spotlight this fall, but loafers have always had a place in my heart, especially when it comes to my work wardrobe. I own this pair in a couple colors, but am thinking about trying a navy pair or a loafer with a chunky sole (a more trendy option).
- FLARED WIDE LEG JEANS – These are flattering on so many shapes and I am really loving the ones I got recently. The flared leg makes them so easy to style with booties.
- LEATHER JACKET – A perfect piece for a girls night out or date night, leather jackets were made for fall weather. I love how they look with a pretty blouse or a bodysuit.
Shop The Fall Style Staples
Related: My 2019 Fall Style Essentials
If you are looking to get the most of your wardrobe and wanting to invest in versatile pieces, I highly recommend starting with these fall style staples. See what’s already in your wardrobe and start with your favorite summer pieces and the style staples you already own. I hope these examples of fall style staples will help you get the most out of your wardrobe and discover where what items to invest in if they are missing from your current wardrobe. And remember – the best thing about these fall staples is that so many of them will double as spring staples! If you have a fall style staple or several that you own and love, please share in the comments. I love to hear about your fashion essentials.
Disclaimer: All the opinions and thoughts I share are my own unless stated otherwise. I only share content that I have a personal connection with. Your clicks, comments and engagement are very much appreciated, and may allow me to receive a small compensation. Your support of SC’s Scoop and the brands I share help me keep doing what I love — thank you!
One thought on “7 Fall Style Staples to Transition your Favorite Summer Pieces”